Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

 

 

 

                            


 
A work in progress

Friday, May 13, 2005

study anyone?

i am not much into politics/economics but suffice it to say that i recent events are making me aware of what's going on. besides, it is also the fav topic at our dinner table nowadays, that w/ a lawyer brother & well read updated parents.

when i started driving about 3 years ago, my brother would always tease me that my car is never hungry of gasoline because my tank was always full. i would visit the gas station every 2 days, rarely, every other day filling my tank w/ gas worth Php 250. but now, i don't go out everyday but i still have to visit the gas station every 2 days because my Php 250 now is not even enough to pull my gas gauge to 3/4 - so now my car is always on a diet, even starvation at times. a study was also conducted by several groups & they came up w/ a unanimous result, i.e. more & more filipinos are getting poorer. the people who are very much makabayan will tell us, if only we stop graft & corruption, then we can be at par w/ our other asian neighbors. people in positions will do anything to pull down their collegues for their personal gains eventhough the other is doing a good job. their justification? human rights violation! in my opinion, they only way we can change our system is to drop an atomic bomb so that a new breed of people will rise. how can we expect to prosper if even the simple laws of traffic are not observed? if only i take pictures of all the private cars/PUVs who violate traffic rules & regulations, i think by now, kodak would already offer me a partnership. so pathetic you say? try driving thru the main thoroughfares in metro manila & you will see what i'm talking about. OR is it bec. the drivers of the wallis taxi, black nissan sentra, gray crv & several PUJs are all color blind? would anyone be interested in doing a study on that?

Posted by nikki:: 5/13/2005 07:00:00 PM
|

---------------oOo---------------

 

Comments: Post a Comment