Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

 

 

 

                            


 
A work in progress

Saturday, May 13, 2006

'Nay you're the best!


Babysitting Tricia a couple of months ago, I realized how hard it is to be a mother. If you really do not love this little person, I am sure you will not take care of her every need. This little person is depending on you to feed her, bathe her, change her diaper, play with her and rock her to sleep, not taking your eyes off her even for just a second because she keeps standing up in her high chair. Day in and day out until she gets old enough to do things on her own, you should be there. I do not blame moms if they get pissed off at times. Taking care of a child is one huge responsibility, it is a very tiring 24/7 job. Can you imagine how it is for working moms?

My own mother was herself a working mom, until I was 11 years old. She had a lot of help because I had a yaya and loads of excited relatives (I was the first apo/pamangkin) who took turns playing yaya for the day. Weekends was however strictly mama time. She was practically a single parent too that time because my father was an OFW. When my brother and I started going to school, she let go of the yaya and made us stay in school (my Mama taught highschool English and Home Economics) with her. Everyday, my brother and I would go to school with her lugging our school bags and Mama lugging our "diaper bag" full of toys, food and a change of clothes. She gave up her career when we transferred to Manila, opting to take care of us herself. Until now, me already a pediatrician and my brother with his own family already, Mama still takes care of us. I am not ashamed to say that because she is happiest that way, it is what she does best.

Although my mother and I do not sometimes see eye to eye, I couldn't imagine life without her. I know she won't be with me forever. No matter how hard I hold on, one day, I won't have any choice but for now, I will hold on tight.

Let us all hug and kiss our moms this Mother's Day. Let her know how much you love her, write her a letter or give her a card. Make her proud. Pray for her and thank God everyday for giving you to her.


To all mothers:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


Posted by nikki:: 5/13/2006 01:24:00 AM
|

---------------oOo---------------